Friday 28 September 2012

A little bit of what you fancy......

..... usually does you good. I got home tonight and really wanted some hummus. The home made kind rather than shop bought which is never as good. If you've got a food processor it is so easy to make. Here's the recipe:

1 tin of chick peas
2 tablespoons of tahini (sesame paste)
Juice of 1 lemon
Clove of garlic (or more if you don't have to be near anyone for a while)
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil

Put all the ingredients except the olive oil in the food processor and blend together. Drizzle enough olive oil in as the motor is on to make a smooth paste (or you can keep is slightly chunky depending on taste). Enjoy with something to dip in. I should of course have something healthy like cucumber or carrot sticks but I do enjoy it with crisps or fresh bread. I like it with some extra olive oil drizzled on the top too. I'm going to it my feet up and enjoy my snack. Have a lovely evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment