Saturday 13 October 2012

Busy Day

I managed to get everything done today that I planned (my marking will have to be done tomorrow afternoon). My trip to town was successful although I had to pay for parking for the first time in ages (normally I manage to bag a free parking spot a short walk away but no joy today). After buying my crafty bits from town - I love to bag a bargain in the Works and Poundland - I drove off to the farmers market. Unfortunately there were no apples for sale which meant no apple pie for dessert but I did manage to buy the eggs from Simon's Eggs. Here is the lovely lady who sells me eggs every month. They're really good quality and I know that the hens have been well looked after.

The afternoon was spend watching Jurrassic Park III - I love the music, working on the Leah Makes packaging and making he brownies for tonight. I added a twist to one of the batches by adding in frozen raspberries into the mix as I happened to have a bag lurking in the back of the freezer. Although they didn't set as well as the other batch, they tasted fabulous. I'll definitely be making those again.

They looked even prettier on the plate. Here's the recipe....

Put 110g of dark chocolate, broken up, with 110g butter (I used Pure margarine) into a bowl and microwave in defrost for 7 minutes, giving it a stir half way through. Add 150g caster sugar and 150g dark brown sugar and stir in well. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, mixing well. The mixture should now look glossy. Add 1tsp vanilla extract and 155g plain flour. You could also add some chopped chocolate for a bit more chocolatey goodness (which I did). Spoon the mixture into a square baking pan. I use a silicone baking tray which makes the brownies much easier to get out after baking. Cook in an oven at 170 degrees centigrade for 20-25 minutes. Don't cook for too long as they will then dry out. Leave to cool and then enjoy. Definitely not something or when you're on a diet but they will brighten up your day.

I also found time to finish off my latest project - hanging flowers. I'm really pleased with these as they look just like I imagined they would. I've just finished packaging them up after spending the evening with my lovely friends who I don't get to see nearly often enough. I hope you all had a lovely day. Now just need to get all the other things done tomorrow before it's back to work on Monday. Sometimes I think there are just not enough hours in the day,


No comments:

Post a Comment