Friday 5 October 2012

Crafting

I've had a lovely week so far. Work has been busy but good and I've still found time for creative activities in the evening. On Monday I even found time for a cycle round the local lake after work. Whilst the rest of the family refused to come with me (I think that had something to do with the fact that I was planning to pick blackberries) I still had a lovely time. Whilst the blackberry picking was pretty useless as there were very few left so late in the season the cycle itself was wonderful. The sun was setting over the lake which created a gorgeous atmosphere and, apart from the fishermen, I had the path to myself. Apologies for not having any pictures to show of the experience but I just cycled and enjoyed. I've also found time to finish three more felt beach huts (although I still can't work out how to turn the picture round so you can view it properly).

I'm really pleased with them although it does make me long for some time by the sea. I've nearly finished packaging up all my made items in their new Leah Makes packaging. I just need to add the necklaces and bracelets and then it will be time to think about my next project.

 I really fancy making a door stop and have been thinking about the different materials I could use. I've seen a lovely pattern that looks a bit like a bag and has a zip so that you can wash it but I also like the idea of a felt one (I bought some lovely felt by the metre at fabricland in Kingston - a bargain at £2.99 per metre. I have to stop myself going back as I'll probably spend way too much money). I hope you all have a lovely weekend and spend time doing things you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment