Sunday 14 October 2012

Getting ready for the week ahead

I had a lovely day today. I managed to get my marking done which always makes mayday go with a swing. I spent his morning in Kingston visits my new favourite fabric shop, Fabricland. I bought some spotty buttons and felt off the roll in black, red and a beige colour which I'm planning to use for making a doll. I've got an image in my mind but I just need to transfer it to the pattern stage. The weather was beautiful today with a bright blue sky as I walked in along the river with my other half.

There were loads of people out on the river enjoying the good weather. It certainly put a smile on my face.

I'd also managed to get the flapjack cooked for the week's packed lunches before I went out this morning and I'd left the pizza dough rising so all in all, I felt pretty care free. It's amazing the small things that can make people happy! We're currently sitting on the sofa watching Back to the Future III for the nth time. We all love the bit where the manure falls on Biff and after all these years of watching we know most of the lines off by heart. We also watched Friday night's episode of Miranda which had us rolling around in laughter - 'such fun' - and I've also managed to catch up with Dowton Abbey. I'm certainly feeling prepared for the week ahead which I know will be filled with late nights so I probably won't be posting again until the weekend. I hope you all have a lovely week and manage to do some of your favourite things in between work and looking after those you care about.


No comments:

Post a Comment