Tuesday 23 October 2012

Journey to work

I was going to take some pictures of the views I see on the way into work. I thought about it this morning but I didn't have time to stop the car and take a moment. Never mind, I thought, I'll be able to do it on the way home. Well guess what? I left work at just gone 6 and it was too dark to see anything. So, I'll just have to tell you about it instead. I'm privileged to live in an area of the country where I am quite near to an urban area but walk 5 minutes from the house and I'm in countryside. My journey to work takes me through much of this rural area and this morning it was just gorgeous. The trees are just turning lots of different shades from green to red, orange and yellow. I know it's not quite at the level of New England but it's beautiful nonetheless. The weather has also been a bit different recently. Whilst people have been complaining about the damp and foggy weather but I thought it looked quite ethereal both today and yesterday. I love autumn - the colours, weather and the different smells in the air. I'm particularly looking forward to the bonfire and fireworks season - roll on Bonfire night and all the fun that brings with it.

I'll try to add some photos on my next post but until then, enjoy the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment