Friday 12 October 2012

New Ideas

It's been a busy work week again. I spent last weekend laid low with a horrible head cold so my most of the time I was under the duvet (which is not always a bad place to be). It meant it had the opportunity to finish a book I'd been reading - The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It was one of those books that I had great difficulty starting. It sat on my bookshelf for a number of weeks before I even picked it up and then I didn't get any further than the first page. But once I'd started I couldn't put it down. It took me into a whole other world full of magic and amazing feats. I highly recommend it. It's certainly not my usual read. I love a lot of the teenage fiction currently on the market. I've read the Hunger Games trilogy twice and I'm a great fan of Harry Potter. I also love Terry Pratchett's discworld series. It makes me smile every time I take myself into his fantasy world. I especially like Rincewind the wizard and Sir Sam Vimes is my absolutely favourite police officer. If you haven't read any of his books and you love an alternative world that is very similar to ours, then give them a go. I'm looking forward to reading his new book Dodger but I need to wait until it comes outin paperback. I'm not sure that he'll be writing many more books as the Alzheimer's begins to take hold. What an awful illness that takes over the mind. I look forward to the time when there is finally a cure for this and the many other degenerative diseases that have such an impact on people's lives.



1 comment:

  1. How about a draught excluder project like your Granny used to make? M & D

    ReplyDelete