Monday 29 October 2012

Pumpkin carving

Cinnamon buns before icing
The cinnamon buns I made yesterday have received the seal of approval in our household. The recipe has now been torn out of the Waitrose magazine and added to my recipe binder for future reference. This morning I got up to find that my dd had made some pancake batter for her and a friend but she insisted that I made the pancakes. I have to say that I'm not the world's best pancake maker and this was proved true this morning. I didn't get it right until the last pancake. I hope they still tasted good. I then moved onto carving the pumpkins for Halloween.


 In our neighbourhood, the children only go to houses for trick and treat if there is a lit pumpkin outside. I really like this tradition as it means that those houses are welcoming to the children and the other houses are given a wide berth. Whilst we don't follow the Halloween traditions to the same extent as some American communities, the children do dress up and go out with their friends.

Will you be celebrating Halloween? How is it celebrated in different countries? It would be lovely to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment