Sunday 21 October 2012

Restful Day

Dukka

This was the picture that I tried to post yesterday but the computer wasn't having any of it. This is the dukka that I made to go with my hummus - it was yummy. DS and I followed this with toasted cheese sandwiches which were really tasty and Merlin. I have never been scared by an episode of Merlin before but I don't mind admitting that I spent most of the episode jumping off the sofa. It didn't help that DS was intent on scaring me too.

Today was spent transporting the children to their various activities, baking and cooking. I intended to spend the morning making some earrings but I realised that I've put the ear wires somewhere in my clear up and I haven't managed to find them yet. Instead I asked dd what she would like for her packed lunches this week and the answer came back as chocolate chip muffins (I shouldn't have asked) and DS said he would like chocolate chip cookies (you would have thought I would learn). The muffin recipe came from an old recipe book I have and it's a basic muffin mix and then you can add in whatever flavourings you want. Here it is.....

255g plain flour
3tsps baking powder
Half tsp salt
110g caster sugar

Mix all the dry ingredients together then add the wet ingredients:

8fl oz milk
3fl oz vegetable oil
1 egg

I then added 100g chopped milk chocolate. I used the basics range from sainsburys which only costs 30p and it's just as good as the more expensive varieties. With muffins you need to make sure you don't over mix and this time I got it just right. This recipe makes 12 muffins - there are now only 8 left but that will still be enough for the week of lunches. You need to bake them for 20-25 minutes at 200 degrees centigrade and enjoy.

The chocolate chip cookies are cut and come again so they are currently sitting in the fridge waiting for the right time to bake them. As it's Sunday night it's homemade pizza night. Everything is made and the dough is waiting to be rolled out. Do you have any family traditions? I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment