Thursday 1 November 2012

New recipe

We've made some new friends who are vegan so I wanted to find a baking recipe that I could make and take over. I searched the Internet this morning and found this vegan chocolate cake. I've had a go at making it this morning and it looks really good. However, the test will come in the eating. It needs to cool for 2 hours before I can add the frosting (and I need to buy some soy milk before I can make it) so I won't be able to let you know if it tastes good until later. This is how it looks so far

Vegan chocolate cake
This is the recipe...

Mix together 1.25 cups plain flour, 1 cup sugar, third cup cocoa powder, 1tsp bicarbonate of soda and half tsp of salt.

Add the wet ingredients - 1 cup warm water or coffee, 1 tsp vanilla extract, third cup vegetable oil and 1tsp white or apple cider vinegar (I only had red wine vinegar in the house so we'll see if that works).

Mix well and pour into an 8 inch square baking tin. Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes.

Leave to cool completely before adding the glaze. To make the glaze, boil half cup of sugar, 4 tbsp margarine, 2 tbsp soya milk and 2 tbsp cocoa powder. Once boiling, simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir for 5 minutes. Add 2 tsp vanilla extract. Pour on the cake. The recipe says that it sets quickly - I'll let you know if this is the case. See you later to show you the finished cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment