Sunday 2 December 2012

Birthday treats

We support Watford FC in our family. Well, mainly my children and I and my dh comes along for the ride. The children are lucky enough to have season tickets which my parents get for them every year. We always go and see a match as a birthday treat followed by a meal at L'artista, a lovely Italian restaurant. Yesterday was one of those treat days and it was made even more special as my brother and two of his children joined us.

The only fly in the ointment is everyone isn't 100% well at the moment in our house but we still managed to have a lovely time yesterday.


Here we are at the stadium (we always get there a bit early). I can promise you that it filled out after I took this photo. The exciting news is that we won 4-1 with some beautiful play, especially the second goal which was awesome. Great news for a birthday treat. We walked into town yesterday and had a tour of the local everything costs a pound stores. There are three stores in Watford so we had fun checking out the goods. You have to be careful what you buy as there is some real tat there. I have managed to get some lovely ribbon before (5 metres for a pound) but I haven't seen it since. I did buy a lovely silicon mould yesterday that has lots of little gingerbread men shapes. I'm thinking of using it for jelly or chocolate. I'll let you know when I decide,

I saw my first gold postbox yesterday on the high street. It was painted for Anthony Joshua, who won a gold medal in the men's super heavyweight boxing. A proud moment indeed.


A busy day for everyone which was full of family, football and feasting. It can't get much better than that. I know I'm really lucky but when the bad times hit, these are the memories I keep hold of to get me through. I hope you all had a lovely day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment