Tuesday 25 December 2012

Happy Christmas

Happy Christmas to everyone. I hope it brings you peace and goodwill. I've been up since 6.30am this morning to cook the muffins for Christmas morning. We celebrate Christmas with my in-laws each year so baking in the morning is the least that I can do. So far, I've made chocolate chip muffins and raspberry muffins. This is the recipe that I used...

225g plain flour
110g caster sugar
3tsps baking powder
Half tsp salt

Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add the wet ingredients...

8 fl oz milk
3 fl oz vegetable oil
1tsp vanilla essence
1egg

You need to make sure you don't over mix as the muffins then become quite heavy. For chocolate chip muffins, cut up a 100g bar of milk chocolate and mix in with the dry ingredients. For the raspberry muffins, add 100g frozen or fresh muffins to the dry ingredients. Spoon into the cases and then sprinkle with Demerara sugar. Each batch makes 12 muffins. Bake in an oven at 200 degrees centigrade for 20-25 minutes and then enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment