Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year

Every year we have my parents and the in-laws over for a movie watching fest. This year, the plan is to watch both of the modern Sherlock Holmes movies which I was given for my birthday. I've been making some food for the evening. I've made some breadsticks using the pizza dough recipe. These aren't like the breadsticks you'll find in the supermarket. As my dd says, they're more like bread than sticks but they're great for dipping into hummus.

I made the hummus last night and I also made some baba ganoush which is a tasty aubergine dip. I had some aubergines that didn't look very happy in the fridge so I cut off the sad bits and roasted the rest of the aubergine. It was the equivalent to two aubergines. When they were soft, I took them out of the oven and allowed to cool. I then scraped the flesh out from inside and put in a food processor with 2 cloves of garlic (peeled), juice of half a lemon and 3-4 spoons of tahini. I used a spoon that wasn't quite as big as a tablespoon. I whizzed all the ingredients together adding salt and pepper to taste. The plan is to eat this with the breadsticks. I'll also serve my homemade marinated olives so it should be quite a feast with chocolate brownies for dessert.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve and that all your wishes come true (and you manage to stick to your resolutions). I'd love to hear what you've been up to and what resolutions you have set yourself. I'm planning to cook more healthy food and get fitter this year. Plenty of walking and cycling in the local countryside. Who needs a gym when it's all on my front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment