Sunday 20 January 2013

Crafty day

Woohoo, I've got my mojo back. It's amazing what a couple of days of enforced house bound days due to the snow can do to my crafting. I've spent the day making some more owl keyrings. Mum came by this morning and liked them so much she wanted one for each of her back packs so I suddenly only had one left. Here they are all cut out and ready to sew.


I managed to use some off cuts for the beige owls. I also spent the morning baking for the week ahead. The usual flapjack


double quantity of course. It amazes me how much ds eats of it during the week. I also tried out a new recipe for chocolate chip cookies from the original green & blacks cookery book (which is why it's in the picture above). The recipe is supposed to make 20 cookies but I only made 15 (I think I rolled out the dough a bit thicker than the recipe suggested). Here's the recipe:

Cream together 75g butter or marg and 60g of caster sugar. Add 1 large egg (beaten). Add half a teaspoon of vanilla extract and then 175g self-raising flour with a pinch of salt. Add a splash of milk so the dough is soft but not sticky. At this point mix in 100-150g chopped chocolate. I used Lindt chocolate as I had it left over from Easter and Christmas. Roll out the dough to 5mm thick and cut out with a round cutter. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade and bake for 20 minutes (I baked them for 10-15 minutes). Here's what they looked like.


I also baked another loaf of bread as yesterday's bread disappeared in one sitting. One off to finish the owl keyrings and maybe fit in a snowy walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment