Friday 22 February 2013

Cupcake keyring tutorial

I've been spending the past couple of days in between tidying and cooking making a set of cupcake keyrings. I thought I'd show you how to make them.

Start by cutting out the basic shapes


I always cut out more than one set. Make sure you use small scissors so you can get the shape right. Embroider one of the pink bases with backstitch and a contrasting thread (I used purple).


Add the purple topper and a contrasting button and sew into place.


Sew across the bottom of the topper with a running stitch.


Add the back and sew the three pieces together with a running stitch leaving one side of the base free so you can stuff it. Remember to add the piece of ribbon half way across the top.


Half stuff with stuffing then add some dried lavender and finish wi some stuffing.


Finish by sewing  the last section of the base.


No comments:

Post a Comment