Saturday 20 April 2013

Great British Sewing Bee

It was a busy start to the weekend last night as my dd has so many activities on a Friday night but in between I did manage to watch the third episode of the Great British Sewing Bee. I love it! I'm watching it thinking it's time I started making clothes instead of focusing on easier bags. I find it a scary prospect though. The contestants and judges keep talking about techniques that I've never heard of. Last night was no exception as they talked about French seams and how to make elasticated tops (I can't even remember the proper term). The last challenge was my favourite as they had to make a fitted jacket. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while but haven't had the confidence to try. In particular I loved the hunting jacket that Lauren made. I've got plenty of suit material from my grandparents - I now just need a good pattern and to take the plunge. What's the worst that could happen? I suppose the jacket is completely unwearable. Oh well, worst things happen at sea! As a result of the programme, I'm now following two new blogs - Tilly and the Buttons and Guthrie and Ghani. I'm hoping they will be able to give me some sewing inspiration.

What blogs do you follow? Who do you turn to for inspiration? I'd love to hear from you. Have a lovely, creative day.

No comments:

Post a Comment