Sunday 12 May 2013

Morning makes

It always amazes that when I can have a lie in, I seem to wake up early. This morning, I was up at 7.30am to finish the second appliqué bag. This one was based around beach huts. I had some squares of fabric left over from a Bat Mitzvah. It's the tradition in our synagogue to throw marshmallows wrapped in fabric after the Torah has been read during the Bat Mitzvah ceremony so there were quite a few scraps of material lying around. I hate waste so we collected up the scraps for the next project and the ribbon that was used to tie them up. The ribbon on the owl appliqué was from the ceremony. I've just finished the second bag and here it is in all it's glory.


I've now moved on to listening to the Archer's omnibus, making the week's flapjack and the dough for tonight's pizza. I'm hoping we'll get out for a family walk this afternoon to spot bluebells (although ds has decided we need to cycle to the bluebells). Hope you're all having a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment