Sunday 21 July 2013

School Trips

Some of the most memorable experiences children have at school are the extra activities they take part in. We have just had activities week at school (hence why I haven't posted all week as I've been so busy). We put on a wide variety of activities that include free ones so everyone has the opportunity to take part. I took a group of students to PGL Marchants Hill for two separate two day trips and I can highly recommend it. The facilities, food, activities and location were great. School trips and extra activities are vital for students to develop out of the classroom. I firmly believe that all children have a right to take part in these activities which is why we work so hard each year to make sure that there are activities that everyone can afford to take part in.

The four days I spent on the activities trip pushed everyone to their limit. Children who were scared of heights managed to have a go at the zip wire, climbing, abseiling and the giant swing. They were so proud of themselves (and I was so proud of them too). I even managed to conquer my fears and went on the giant swing. Both times, I had a child sitting next to me and supporting me through my fear. I am honoured to be working with the youth of today - they are amazing. We also managed to take some time out to see this amazing view before going off to play robot wars (involving a lot of flour and water).....


It was about 8pm when we arrived at the view point amidst cries of 'I wish I brought my camera so I can instagram it'. I also took them back the following morning at 8am so they could do just that.

As you can imagine, I've spent most of the weekend recuperating and as I crawl towards the end of term, I'm going to hold onto the memories that have been created of these special days.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had an amazing few days, the views are stunning. enjoy the forthcoming school holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good day out! Wish I was there - looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me laugh - I was with 15 14 year olds so I can promise you it wasn't very peaceful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crawl to the end made me laugh - I bet it is almost literal ;) Lovely memories to hold onto and help you reach through :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the holidays! Your trips sound fab - we always called PGL 'parents get lost' Jo x

    ReplyDelete